Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Tragic Death of Researcher Paul Vigay

The Shocking News that Paul Vigay's Body Found

Friday morning I was expecting to hear from Paul after exchanging a number of e-mails during the week about the 1989 Cheesefoot Head sound analysis he did for me. I was looking out for his anticipated message when I received an e-mail from Kerry McKenna with Paul's name in the subject line. Instead of the reply I was expecting from Paul it was the shocking news that his body had been washed up in the English Channel at Southsea, near where he lived.

Like many of my research colleagues and friends I am deeply shocked and upset at this terrible loss.

Paul was reliable and trusted by all of his friends and others who knew him. A
genuinely nice person and a highly intelligent young man.

We had carried out a number pf projects together over the years, since I first met him at the launch of 'Circular Evidence' near Winchester in 1989. Paul met me there with his lovely mother, who could hardly contain her love for him. I could see where his gentle nature came from.

He visited my home in Andover several times with every electronic gadget known to man and even more amazing was that he knew how they all worked.

I wondered if I should share a strangeness in our final correspondence this week and believe there is no harm in doing so. I shared this with my friend Dave Haith a short while ago.

It was as if we knew we were saying goodbye to each other.

One day before Paul was reported missing, Wednesday (Feb 18th) in what was to be the last e-mail from Paul at 3.41 pm (UK), he said:

.............."Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'm sure that those genuine seekers for the truth will be able to wade through the various arguments and politics, if they don't get fed up in the meantime! - Best regards Paul".

My reply to him and the last e-mail sent read:

"Paul, I want you to know its the open and fair way you conduct yourself that I admire and tell others about. I so appreciate and like your approach. I cant see how anyone would find a problem with that approach but as we both know, somehow they do.......OK, have a good one Paul. Colin"

At around 7.0 pm US Eastern time, Mid-night in England, I went to the barn to feed our animals and had the most eerie feeling, of quiet peace, also of a presence. This very strange feeling is one Ive had before when terrible things like this have happened. I came back to our house and told my wife about the feeling. I later learned that this was one hour after Paul was reported missing.

Below is a statement by Paul posted on his website which speaks to the nature of the man.

Paul has a statement on his website which speaks to the nature of the man.

More at: http://www.colinandrews.net/PaulVigayPassing.html